Wednesday 5 April 2006

More of Bob Dylan’s best lines

Best description of love
“I’m a stranger here and no one sees me,
Except you.”
(Nobody ’Cept You)

Best line about death
“When he died I was hoping that it wasn’t contagious.”
(Isis)

Best lines about humanism
“Now he worships at an altar of a stagnant pool,
And when he sees his reflection he’s fulfilled.”
(License to Kill)

Best image of a child
“Yonder stands your orphan with his gun,
Crying like a fire in the sun.”
(It’s All Over Now, Baby Blue)

Best line about money
“Money doesn’t talk, it swears.”
(It’s Alright, Ma)

Darkest image
“But the magician is quicker and his game is much thicker
Than blood, and blacker than ink.”
(No Time to Think)

Funniest line
“You might think he loves you for your money,
But I know what he really loves you for...”
(Leopard Skin Pill Box Hat)

Another funniest line
“But Willie had a heart of gold, and this I know is true,
He supported all his children, and all their mothers too.”
(Rambling, Gambling Willie)

Best apocalyptic image

“Two riders were approaching, the wind began to howl.”
(All along the Watchtower)

4 Comments:

Rory Shiner said...

I'm enjoying these. Here are a couple from me:

Best line from Tangled Up In Blue
"I helped her out of a jam I guess,
but I used a little too much force"
(Tangled Up In Blue)

Most dismissive line
" I'm not saying you treated me unkind,
You could have done better but I don't mind.
You just kind of wasted my precious time,
but don't think twice, it's all right."
(Don't Think Twice [it's all right])

Ben Myers said...

These are nice too. And here are a couple more:

Best line about bad luck
"You bet on a horse and it ran the wrong way."
(Cry a While)

Best line about real estate
"He's got that fortress on the mountain,
With no doors or windows, so no thieves can break in."
(Handy Dandy)

Anonymous said...

Another luck line
"Well they sent for the ambulance & one was sent
Somebody got lucky but it was an accident"
(Pledgin My Time)

Another sad line
"My children'll go as soon as they grow
Well there ain't nothin' here now to hold them"
(North Country Blues)

Most obscure line?
"The ghost of electricity howls in the bones of her face"

Ben Myers said...

Thanks for these great choices, Mr Jaggins. I'm especially fond of those lines from "Pledging My Time" -- as well as the wonderful lines from the same song:

"Everybody's gone but me and you,
And I can't be the last to leave."

Post a Comment

Archive

Contact us

Although we're not always able to reply, please feel free to email the authors of this blog.

Faith and Theology © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO